Fish are considered humans’ best friends, With tiny wiggling tails, scaly bodies, and large protruding g but completely innocent eyes. Although many might not believe it, fish can be an excellent pet for everyone looking for animal companionship. No matter your age, a fish can teach you many values and make you feel needed and loved. This article will discuss five reasons why fish are good pets. After reading the reasons, you will be convinced to get fish and an aquarium.
Have you ever wondered why betta fish are good pets? Fish are deficient maintenance; unlike felines and canines, fish need once-a-month care; unlike dogs that need to go to the loo every day, you only need to clean the tank once every two weeks. The low maintenance makes fish the best for people who are busy or work most of the day. When compared with other pets, fish tend to consume less food and resources to sustain life and can be your companion for years. Fish gets sick rarely and cooperate reasonably, even in harsh environment.
Fish are significantly space efficient as their entire house is the fish tank. The size of the fish tank depends on the number of fish you have and your living space. Marine pets are ideal for those who do not want to get disturbed by their pets throughout the day. Besides that, tanks can be kept in any space given the fact that they are getting enough sunshine. Space efficiency is the only answer to why fish are good pets.
Marine pets come in all sizes and shapes, thus giving you an option to choose a pet according to your aesthetics. From the vibrant hues of the betta fish to the angelic movement of an angelfish, each water pet species brings charm and allure to the aquarium. Additionally, the color contrast of fish also brings calmness, making them an aesthetically pleasing pet for everyone.
Another noteworthy attribute of having a fish pet is that you will not suffer from pet allergies. The fur of cats and dogs can often lead to several breathing disorders and allergies. However, when you have fish as tiny bundles of joy, you will experience minimal allergic reactions. The lesser airborne allergens can further lead to a happy and contented life in people. The lack of allergenicity will also help you enjoy your pet’s company.
Ideal companions for introverts:
If you are an introvert, worry no more ass. Now, you can enjoy a loving relationship with a cute pet. Although your tiny friend needs a medium to survive, you will still have plenty of fun with them. There are several ways fish respond to their owners in several ways. Pets like cats and dog owners are forced to bond and communicate with other pet parents, as socialization is crucial for furry babies. However, with pets living in your home, you do not have to worry about making unwanted interactions. This will also encourage you to be comfortable with your aquatic pet, along with plenty of expressions.
Fun facts about fish as pets:
- The average life span of fish lies between 3-5 years. However, some breeds, like goldfish, can live for over twenty years if all their needs are met on time.
- Some fish are good at recognizing their face and have a good understanding of their surroundings.
- The world’s biggest pet fish was recorded to be 18.7 inches. The pet goldfish belonged to a family in the Netherlands.
- Fish do not sleep like land pets but rest to ease their system.
- Fish pets recognize their owner’s face.
- Fish can hear music and also react to some harmony. So, you can say your fish pet can groove to a funky beat!
How do I keep my fish healthy?
Here are some things you can do to keep your fish healthy in an aquarium:
- Maintain the appropriate pH level of the aquarium as it increases the longevity of your aquatic pet. The proper pH level for the aquarium is noted to be 7.6 and 8.4
- Keep the temperature of the tank right. Keep the temperature shuffling between 72 degrees and 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For optimal health, do not change the entire water of the aquarium; instead, change only 25% of the water every month. Believe it or not, fish need the same water in the tank for sustenance. If more fish are in the tank, change some water every two weeks as more crowds produce more excrement.
- Cleaning the glass structure on an everyday basis is very important. Tanks develop green algae, and even though some aren’t that bad, a large quantity of algae might reduce oxygen levels. Therefore, it gets difficult for the fish to breathe in the tank.
- There is a fine line between regular fish feeding and overfeeding. Hence, it is essential that you refrain from overfeeding your fish with food. Fish need a small amount of food to sustain themselves; therefore, you must feed them once and the tiniest amount. More feed will lead to additional debris and excrement, thus killing your aquatic pet.
Many among us ask questions: why are fish good pets? Although the answer may seem short and precise, it isn’t as easy. To make things easy to understand, we have assorted this fantastic article explaining the reasons for keeping aquatic animals as pets. From easy maintenance to an aesthetically pleasing approach, fish can be an excellent companion for introverts and extroverts. If you have landed on this article, it is your time to immediately own the cutesy fish friend. Read more of our reports and enhance your knowledge of your pet.